Who’s ready for the weekend!? I don’t know about you, but even though we had Monday off for Labor Day I feel like this week has been soooo long! Why is that? Anyways…it’s almost the weekend and today we’re celebrating with some yummy buffalo salmon burgers.
Here in the Yates house, we’re also celebrating something else…I finally got a job! All the discouragement I felt from interviewing at places and feeling like nothing was exactly what I was looking for is gone…just like that! Anyways, I’ll post more about that another day here soon because, as stated in my previous post I’ve learned a lot about myself from being unemployed and even more through receiving this job! It really is so incredible.
Back to salmon+burgers+buffalo+avocado.
So, I never really was a fan of things buffalo. This was mainly because I associate buffalo with wings, and *shock* I don’t really care much for wings. They’re just such little things with like no meat and they’re messy and, I don’t know…do I have to keep explaining? But Paul absolutely LOVES all things buffalo! So I’ve been experimenting with recipes that incorporate buffalo flavor without them being wings. The first recipe I tried and loved was these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini boats. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor combinations and decided to rethink my feelings for buffalo flavor.
Here came about Buffalo Salmon Burgers. When I think buffalo, as said earlier, I think wings…and when I think wings, I think carrots and celery…and what could be better than a creamy cool flavor like avocado to pair with the zing and spice of buffalo sauce. These burgers are flavorful with veggies including celery and carrots and topped with a creamy avocado mayo. Made with only whole ingredients and fire up every tastebud in your mouth! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 14.75 oz canned salmon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Cilantro for garnish
- Combine all ingredients for salmon burgers in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and form into 5-6 patties, patting firmly so that they stay together.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and place patties on pan to cook.
- Cook for 4 minutes before flipping to other side and cooking another 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make avocado mayo.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and combine with an immersion blender*
- To assemble, place a dollop of avocado mayo on salmon burger and top with cilantro.
- *I found the best results were when I used an immersion blender, but if you have a good food processor that would work too.