There’s nothing better than a good, tasty cracker! Good for soup, cheese, hummus, and so much more…there’s just something to that tasty crunch that’s bite-sized. Today I want to share with you guys the perfect cracker recipe!
Why is it the perfect cracker recipe, you say? And who on earth makes homemade crackers? Those are two great questions you ask! Well, I can answer both…they’re super quick and easy, nutritious with simple ingredients, and they taste great! I mean, who wouldn’t be impressed at you if you showed up to a holiday party with these beautiful seeded crackers!
Why do I even bother making these homemade crackers? First off, you can see every ingredient individually in each cracker which not only is visually appealing…you don’t get that luxury with store bought crackers! But also, everyone who tries them will know that they’re nutritious and good for you! Also, you can customize them to your liking! The ingredients are simple. I decided to use rosemary and garlic as my accent flavors, but you really could add anything you liked!
Each crunch has protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied! They’re gluten free and vegan if those are your preferences, but tasty for anyone!
I’m keeping it straight and to the point for you today, so here’s the recipe! Hope you guys enjoy them as much as Paul and I do!
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of water
- Combine seeds and quinoa together as mix well.
- Add in minced garlic, rosemary, and salt.
- Stir in the water until mixture thickens.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread mixture out until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place pan in 325 degree preheated oven and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove tray from the oven and slice into small squares.
- Flip each sliced cracker over and bake for an additional 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before enjoying with soup, hummus, geese, or plain